Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Randoms

Whaddup friends?!  I'm blogging on the weekend.  WAIT. HOLD UP!  Is that even legal?!  Hehe I kid.  The weekends are the only time I have to actually sit down and crank out a post.  Let's be honest here...

Anyways, here are some random thoughts from my blonde head.


  • My mom asked me if I wanted to go to the mall today.  Is that even a legit question?!  OF COURSE I DO! 
  • I also planned a family outing tonight to go see The Heat at Fork n' Screen.  Kinda really excited about that!  I've only been to Fork n' Screen once and I didn't order anything because it's so dang expensive and it was a midnight showing.  Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • Today marks the last six months of living as a minor.  This will undoubtedly be the longest six months of my life.
  • I am really tan this summer.  And I'm not saying this in a vain way at all.  Every summer I tan pretty easily.  It was just the skin God gave me and I am grateful for that.  But here's the thing... This summer it happened SUPER fast, like faster than any other summer.  I am going to blame it on our Spring Break trip to Florida.  I'm guessing that it helped the process along even though when Summer hit, my tan from Florida had already faded.  Anyone else experience this?  Oh and p.s. I always use sunscreen.  Sometimes I feel judged because people are like "Whoa girl, you're tan.  You know that's not good for you?"  I'm sorry but I didn't ask you and for the record, I always use sunscreen so back off! 
  • I was at the pool yesterday with my friends little girl and this dad came up to me and this is how the conversation went...
    • Him: "Hey, I think I've met you before! What's your name again?" (We had met last summer while my mom and I were walking my dog)
    • Me: "My name is Elle.  We met last summer!"
    • Him: "Oh yeah!  So are you here babysitting?"
    • Me: : "Yep, that's pretty much my life." :)
    • Him: "Well this is my wife _____ and we could definitely use a babysitter sometime!" 
    • Me: "I'd love to!"
    • Him: "You should stop by our house sometime and give us your number!"
There was more to the convo but hello?  That's really weird... I'm not just going to stop by your house and give you my number.  I would have given it to him right then but we were in the pool so neither of us had our phones and I didn't have any paper to do it the old fashioned way.  Any suggestions?  

  • Our neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods have become infested with foxes.  The other night I saw a fox slowly following a cat down the street.  The cat was oblivious to the fox but when the fox started slowly getting closer, I started freaking out.  I ran after the two and I kid you not, the fox was about 10 feet away from the cat about ready to go in for the kill.  I started screaming and running toward the fox and thankfully, it ran away.  It has become a problem though because these foxes are fearless.  They could easily kill small dogs or cats.  Although, I've never understod letting your cat roam the neighborhood.
  • I have this super cute DIY post that I can't wait to share with y'all!  It is probably one of my favorite things I have ever made.  And guess what!  I made it up as I went because I couldn't find anything about it on Pinterest.  How original can you get?!
  • I feel like I have so much more to share with y'all but I've already posted it on Instagram.  Anyone else feel like social media is killing the blog scene??  That makes me sad. :(
Happy Sunday, friends!  Enjoy your day and remember to be happy!  All this hate and sadness in the world is depressing but remember that you have the power to change that just with your attitude.  

"Kindness is never wasted.  If it has no effect on the recipient, at least it benefits the bestower." -S H Simmons

1 comment:

Meghan said...

What a silly question for your mom to ask..haha

The Heat was freaking hilarious, totally inappropriate but hilarious nonetheless.

& my skin decided to like me and actually get tan, and I totally put sunscreen on all the time, except right now I resemble a lobster because I went to the waterpark yesterday and totally forgot to reapply the sunscreen! So I look like a lobster & my skin is like radiating heat off of it.

My Photo
Welcome to my corner of the Internet! My name is Elle & I'm a college student & AΦ sister enjoying life. I'm studying Public Relations in hopes of one day becoming a wedding planner. I'm a follower of Christ, I love a good party, the Kansas Jayhawks, & all things all things PINK! I'm a Pinterest addict & I love a good DIY project. Sit back a stay awhile. Be awesome, love Jesus.


The Princess Diaries

Instagram

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved
Blogging tips